Dunbrody Abbey New Ross
Location: New Ross Co.Wexford

Listing Description

Dunbrody Abbey is a former Cistercian monastery in County Wexford, Ireland. The cross-shaped church was built in the 13th century, and the tower was added in the 15th century. With a length of 59m the church is one of the longest in Ireland. The visitor centre is run by the current Marquess of Donegall and has one of only two full sized hedge mazes in Ireland. The abbey was dissolved under Henry VIII. The last Abbot of Dunbrody was Alexander Devereux, who became Bishop of Ferns in 1539.

Categories

Tourist and Visitors

Brands

Opening Times

Open 24 hours

Contact Us

  •  051000000

Address

Campile New Ross Co Wexford

Google Maps