Shee Alms House Tourist Office
Location: Kilkenny City Co.Kilkenny

Listing Description

Shee Almshouse was built by Sir Richard Shee in 1581 for the poor of Kilkenny and was endowed by his last will in 1603. His son Lucas Shee, obtained a royal charter for the Almshouse in 1609 and the house was used as accommodation for the poor until the early 19th century when it fell into ruin. It was restored and renovated around 1871 by Sir Nicholas Power O'Shee of Gardenmorris, Co. Waterford, a descendant of the original founder. In recent times it has since been converted into Kilkenny's main Tourist Information Centre

Categories

Tourist and Visitors

Brands

Opening Times

Mon to Sat 9 - 6

Address

Rose Inn Street Kilkenny

Google Maps